Big Fish

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
Whiteman
Big ORCA Fan

Big Fish

Post by Whiteman »

I like to fish for just about anything but muskies are my favorite. Here are a few from the last couple years.

47"

Here is a 48.5" from a few months ago..

44" from LSC

Jacob : salmonfisher03
Super Board Poster

Re: Big Fish

Post by Jacob : salmonfisher03 »

You really got some big and nice muskies.
Great pictures.

Best
Jacob
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

I always heard you could fish for a Musky your whole life and never catch one. I think you have caught more than your share. I don't think I'll bother fishing for them. Looks like you have already exceeded the odds.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Fantastic! Looks like you snuck a not-so-small smallie in there! What's that lure? Hand-made?
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Post by Robin Sayler »

Awesome fish! Got my first a couple weeks ago
Whiteman
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Whiteman »

Congrats on your first..If anyone wants to chase one and are in Northern Indiana area let me know.
robert ellis
Super Board Poster

Post by robert ellis »

Lets see, if I sell about half my collection of reels, I may be able to buy a one way flight ! do you need a gardener for a few months ? I need to know about how many pounds, that smally was ? I like your shad lures, how about sending me one, email, or PM me with the info ! if I have a choice in colors, I would prefer a green, or blue ! I think the stripers here in the Colorado River would love that broken tail !
Chuck Gano
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Chuck Gano »

very nice muskies, ive been trying all summer to land one on a fly rod,havent been too sucessful yet had a couple on cant seem to get a good hook set one was a monster too,its kinda tricky using a flyrod in a boat switched to an auto. s.b. gets the line picked-up better,i still got the fall bite so will see if i get one ill post it,charlie
nomdeplume57
Advanced Board Poster

Post by nomdeplume57 »

If your Motor was to give out you could put a Shad on a stick and tie one of those fish to the boat and hold the shad out in front and get back to shore.
NICE FISHES!
Whiteman
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Whiteman »

Chuck Gano wrote:very nice muskies, ive been trying all summer to land one on a fly rod,havent been too sucessful yet had a couple on cant seem to get a good hook set one was a monster too,its kinda tricky using a flyrod in a boat switched to an auto. s.b. gets the line picked-up better,i still got the fall bite so will see if i get one ill post it,charlie

Good Luck! I know a few guys who love to fly fish for musky. It doesnt look like fly fishing though. They just let the bait float with the drift until it gets some action then twitch it on the surface. Works great and I know they have many multiple fish days. Check out the book, "Muskies On The Fly". Has all you need to know about catching big toothy critters on a fly rod.