fishing was a bust, but the outing was perfect

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

fishing was a bust, but the outing was perfect

Post by Ron Mc »

yeah, we're having gorgeous weather.
Didn't have a computer until today to download last weekend's photos.
But my buddy has a '75 GMC RV that he has recently put some mechanical work into (a bunch) and we took it on a smoke run last weekend. Not far, we took it to the Guadalupe River, 20 minutes from my house. I was in the chase vehicle.
Our buddy Randy came in from Kerrville, and we all brought bikes, waders and rods.
setting up camp
we took our bikes to the local cigar shop and to the local market, now Lowes, formerly Super S and before that, IGA Country Boys
grocery hauler (and beer and cigars)
Only in America can you go to a country market and cook a feast like this.
Our appetizers were grilled Anaheim and poblano peppers stuffed with boudin, crabmeat, pepper jack cheese and bacon
cigars and fine brews while we waited for the results (and too much after...)
it was clear in the evening, made it down to 50 quickly and humid, but no wind, and we were cozy enough.
Didn't get photos of the ribeyes, roasted corn and roasted potatoes with truffle oil, and I went to bed druke
We have half of our ribeyes left over, so the next morning we sliced them up, sauteed papas, grated the rest of the jack cheese, and scrambled it all into breakfast tacos
With a really nice chipotle imported from Mexico, also bought at the Country Boys market
the kitchen
after that, we went trout fishing
but there were no hatches, and we only had one hookup
I told Randy it was because we didn't suffer enough.
But we did get our exercise - the bust/wade was a couple of miles.
We only fished the morning, because Randy had to drive 100 miles and help his daughter with homework.
But winter is why we live here, and it's when we get out.
What king in history has lived like this?
And I'll get to fish some more next weekend.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Re: fishing was a bust, but the outing was perfect

Post by Brian F. »

I'd be afraid of sinking if I had all that great looking food in front of me before going in the water, Ron. Nice vacay!
Capt. Kirk
Advanced Board Poster

Re: fishing was a bust, but the outing was perfect

Post by Capt. Kirk »

Looks like a Great time was had by all. Nice pictures. It got up to 50 last week and I saw a bunch of young people in shorts! LOL I'm ready for 50 degree night temps. Never made it higher than 32 today. Enjoy it.