Wait 'til next week.

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Wait 'til next week.

Post by Reel Geezer »

Today was a wowser of a day on the river. I had good numbers (36), but the best part was when I anchored an easy cast from a long sandbar that was about 2' underwater. There were fish dimpling like nymphing trout all along the bar. My first cast with a spinnerbait was greeted by a three fish attack. The winner came to the boat after a strong fight. It measured 16.5".

My next cast brought a strong strike and a 17" fish being netted. My third cast resulted in a tremendous jolting strike and a long fight, which I lost right at the boat. I'd guess the fish to be around 20". I rested the spot with a cup of coffee and a snack, then took my fourth cast. It was greeted by the 18" dandy shown here.

This fish made a run the length of the sandbar and all action stopped. I soon noticed more fish rising about 100 yards further down the bar. I drifted down there and added another 17", and two 15" fish. At that point a gull noticed all the activity and began circling the bar to get in on the feeding. With it flying over the 1-2' deep water all action ceased.

It was a very exciting half hour of fishing. Let's hope they're back to greet Roger next week when he arrives for 5 days of smallie fishing. Our ORCA Secretary-Treasurer deserves some super fishing to take his mind off the Association's day to day grind.
scottorock
Super Board Poster

Re: Wait 'til next week.

Post by scottorock »

Awesome!!
kingfisher
Super Board Poster

Post by kingfisher »

Great fishing Geeze. Keep up the good work.
Roger Schulz
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Roger Schulz »

I am ready. Bags are packed. Looking forward to I think my 8th year of fishing with Phil. It looks like the fish are aware that I am coming. I need to get a 20 inch fish this trip.

Roger
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Roger,

Be prepared for that old "should have been here last week" song and dance. :roll:

Tommie Downer :lol: