Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:19 pm 
Frequent Board Poster
My 12 year old said he was going to catch a big catfish today. I just didn't know he was going to do it like that!...

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:26 pm 
Ultra Board Poster
I'll bet that thing put up a heck of a fight and was fun. :fished Probably the only thing tougher would have been hooked in the tail. :)

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:54 am 
Reel Talk Member
Advanced Board Poster
Now that looks like fun! He obviously is hooked!

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:22 pm 
Frequent Board Poster
VERY hooked! He had a blast reeling it in. He kept saying, "Dad I think I have a fish! No wait, I'm snagged. No wait, I DO! No wait..." and on and on. It was really enjoyable watching him reel it to the dock in spite of 40+ mph winds that day. I'm just floored it made it to the water's edge before it popped off the hook and I snatched it.

For what it's worth (and my Dad hates to see us catch and release all of these nice fish when he's not there - he'd eat them) that old catfish slowly sat at the water's edge and looked back at us slowly, then turned and moved into the water before looking back once again. Catfish have creepy eyes, I think, like they are looking at you and just KNOW. I've always joked about kissing the fish you catch before you release. I bet that one was glad I did before I sent him back. He sure made me think twice about whether they have feelings too. :roll:

Tight lines,
Keith

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:50 pm 
Advanced Board Poster
Come on up north, you can pull them through the ice on tiny ice fishing rods! Here is a video of my daughter and I catching several nice cats this winter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXXk3SySHKI

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:53 pm 
Frequent Board Poster
That's a GREAT video Bill! :D

Tight lines,
Keith

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:42 pm 
Star Board Poster
Great Catch! Those things are always fun. Maybe one day he'll trade up and just use bigger gear. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vviZYicRgY