And Jack, Here's One For You.

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

And Jack, Here's One For You.

Post by Reel Geezer »

Today was an excellent day. After fishing from 8 until 12:30 and catching about 25 smallmouth, but none over 14", I told Bert that we would head home for lunch. However, first I had to drift this new area downstream to take a look...
Well, 2 hours later Bert got home for lunch. This 19" fish and several others in the 15-17" range delayed things a bit.
As you can imagine the new spot is now a waypoint on my GPS. It was a grassy gravel bar about 2' deep. I took a cast and could see about 5 large fish rush my frog. They bounced it around several times, but no one got hooked. I stood still and drifted right through them. Then, when safely downstream, I circled my boat back and anchored off to the side and rested the spot. I caught the fish in the photo on the first cast. I could see almost every fish that hit. One even knocked the frog about 10 feet through the air and then hit it again when it landed. He never got hooked, but several others did. I finally decided to back off and leave the fish for another day.

FYI: The fish in the photo is just attached to the stringer so that I could put him back in the water while I got my camera. He is back in the river waiting for the next battle.
Jack Bright
Advanced Board Poster

19 incher

Post by Jack Bright »

Phil -- I`ve revisited this posting now three times, your catch has to be one of the most perfectly formed and colored smallies. Just a suggestion:
Have a pro photo lab do an enlargement to actual size, have it matted and
framed, don`t think you`ll find a better representation of a nice smallie.
Better than a mount, easier to dust and move plus less costly.