Jack, this is better than brandy and a cigar

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Jack, this is better than brandy and a cigar

Post by Reel Geezer »

This one came from the Snake River today. 20" - My theory is that the fish hasn't got good color from spending all winter in deeper, off color water. It's back in the river hopefully getting ready to pass on its genes to some other little smallies. The yellow reel is a Daiwa Pixy, with was only made for one year (2004) in that color. It's already collectible - but in great demand for light tackle fishing.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Geez, what color was the skirt you were wearing when you used that reel?

:D

Deke

PS: Nice fish...I'm jealous as hell!
Jack Bright
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jack Bright »

That is a healthy lookin` smallmouth had to
be 4lbs. or more, what fun on light tackle !
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

[quote="john elder"]Geez, what color was the skirt you were wearing when you used that reel?

John, you should see the orange one, and the pink and orange one. Those Japanese sure do like colorful reels. Incidentally that reel, and the other colored ones (see them in Colorado) are manufactured for the Japanese domestic market. Thanks to the internet they are now available around the world. Daiwa and Shimano US market reels are much more conservatively colored. I just thought to add that Pflueger has come out with reels of many colors in their 2008 lineup. Maybe they'll be collectible down the road.