Ah, an Excellent Day of Golshing!

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Ah, an Excellent Day of Golshing!

Post by john elder »

It was pretty slow as the first 4 ponds on the course were recycled water and full of algae. However, we were save by a great pond on the 17th fairway...didn't have too much time before getting run to ground by a foursome behind us, but managed to catch and release a couple nice bass. Still looking for that perfect round!
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Nice fish, JE! So tell us about the outfit. Looks like a DAM Quick reel.

I don't golf but always tell my friends I'd be glad to tag along as long if I can fish. You know, if I had enough money or development savy, I'd do a combination bass/golf course. I hear Disney World has great golf and fishing. Lure collector and bass pro, Bernie S., seems to know where all the good combinations are.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Good eye, Brian...that's a DAM 110 my friend, Fred Oakes gifted to me...flipped it to make a lefty...nothing special about the rod other than it's 4-5ft so it can go in the bag without being too conspicuous...haven't had any complaints yet, but some of the course marshalls are real nazis, so don't make it any more obvious than necessary...'course, if I pull in a 5 lber on that little rig, the neighborhood will hear about it!
Jim Wiegner
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jim Wiegner »

Golshing?

John:

The Winter Olympic Games have their Biathalon, where the athletes ski like mad and then shoot at targets, and repeat the process over and over again.

You may have just invented the next new event for the Summer Olympic Games. And that Quick 110 is one of my favorites, along with the Penn 716. Great little reels.

Jim
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

John, I got this on eBay a couple of years ago, but I don't golf. Email if you think you can use it, and it's yours cheap. Duct tape works fine for a reel, and you can mount it or dismount it dam quick.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

thanks, Steve...that would provide quite a strong fighting butt for pulling in those big ole half half-pounders! :D
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

you need a really light reel to balance that rod, though
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Golshing!

Post by Richard Lodge »

John, I don't golf but that picture makes me want to take it up, just for the fun of combining the two sports. I think Jim W. has a great idea to make this an Olympic sport. Add a .410 shotgun to the golf bag and you could take home any errant quail or doves that ventured near the course!
:lol:
And Steve, if John takes a pass on that "rod club," I might be interested. It would be a great Christmas gift for my golfing-but-never-fishing brother-in-law.
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

...if John takes a pass on that "rod club,"...
The technical term is "clod."
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

that handle really messes up the who and whom relationship in golshing.