My trophy Muskie

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
Tony Malatesta
Advanced Board Poster

My trophy Muskie

Post by Tony Malatesta »

Thought i,d share this 1 with everyone. Caught my biggest Muskie ever. 45 inches long with a girth of 17 inches,weighing approx. 35 lbs. caught on Buckhorn Lake(2 hrs. north od Toronto) using 20 lb. test on a 15 year old Ambassadeur 5500. Fantastic 50 degree fall day. Actually caught 2 Musky this day but the other 1 was only about 10 lbs. Both were released none the worst for wear. :shock: :lol: jump yay-banana canadian
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Post by Robin Sayler »

Very nice fish Tony! I'm still trying to catch my first musky. I had one on once but didn't catch one, let alone 2 in a day. Nice work!
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Teal »

Tony,

Well done! Nice Musky. I'm headed north (hopefully) in two weeks to catch the tail end of musky season...love the fall colors.

-- Dr. Todd
ReelMan1988
Super Board Poster

Post by ReelMan1988 »

Very Cool, I never caught a Musky yet... but am aiming to some day.
Tony Malatesta
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Tony Malatesta »

Thank you all. I new i had a good 1 on but didn,t expect this. I was surprised that a fish this size expanded so much energy to chase down a #5 Mepps Black Fury. It took almost 10 minutes to bring in with my rod bent in half for most of the fight. I was told that i had the proverbial 'cat that ate the mouse' smile all day long. I,m planning to get a replica mount made of this 1. :D :D
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Tremendous catch, Tony!
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

Nice catch Tony. I haven't fished for Musky since my college days in Northern New York. Between college classes I landed a few from a stream that ran right through town. I had a great education.