Brian, are you watching?

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Brian, are you watching?

Post by Reel Geezer »

I don't know when your Hawaiian satellite gets Versus TV channel and Larry Dahlberg's "Search for Big Fish" program, but I hope you get it.

Wow! is he having fun right now. Larry's fishing some atoll off the coast of Africa and there are hundreds of bonefish cruising around him. Then the Giant Trevally (or however you spell it) that he can cast to with topwater plugs. I've been thinking of you since this program came on. Boy, does that look like fun.

Larry Dahlberg's program is the best fishing program on TV, in my opinion.

Edit: Now he's catching the smaller Big Eye Trevally (10-20 pounders) on his fly rod from the beach. His arm is so sore that he's casting left handed now. Ah... life's tough.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

I don't understand but must have saw this and meant to post a reply but forgot! Anyway, I don't think I get this channel as I don't have HD cable. I heard Africa has some good GT (Giant Trevally) fishing too and have seen some mirror trevally caught there as well. Throwing plugs and watching them explode on the surface is the ultimate way to fish for them. If you can imagine topwater bass fishing magnified 100 times...it is literally heart stopping - and then you have to fight the freight train! I have friends that use insanely rated (and priced) equipment for fishing down in the islands of the South Pacific and Indian Ocean. The Japanese have really pioneered this type of topwater plug fishing for GT. I've experienced it once or twice here on a much smaller scale but it can be done well here too.