Guide Dog

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Guide Dog

Post by Reel Geezer »

There are guide dogs for the physically impaired and then there are guide dogs for the phishcally impaired. Fudge has become the latter. Here he is telling me to get my pitch a bit closer to the willows, and work the bait slower,.
The river is running very high, and the lake has finally warmed and the fish are turning on. I had a lot of fun last evening with over 30 largemouth on topwater frogs in the last few hours of daylight. They were in 1-3' of water and coming after the frogs with abandon.
This is a typical largemouth from the lake out front. There are a lot of 14-16" fish. The lake is catch and release only until July 1, when you are allowed to keep 2 fish, but none can be between 14-18".

How about them overalls. I was planning on spraying my pasture when I said "the heck with this!" and went fishing. The boat ramp is only three miles down the road and I usually drop my electric motor as I leave the ramp.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Ah, the good life (to borrow a phrase): access to a fish filled lake and the wherewithall to use it!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

You look pretty sporty in those trou, Phil! ...but then, you've always been a Trend Setter!...Oh, wait!...that's the normal fishing uniform for Platt and Sonnett...I remember the pic! :D

Nice bass, too...as Brian said..."the Good Life"...sorta like writing a 120 page NIH Training grant...only different...sigh...
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

Yo, Geez! Gonna let us know what kind of band you use on the frogs?
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

Steve wrote:Yo, Geez! Gonna let us know what kind of band you use on the frogs?
I don't use a band. We're just doing our part to eliminate this invasive species:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banded_bull_frog
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Nice bass, nice story

Post by Richard Lodge »

Thanks for the photos and story, Phil. When I'm feeling so deep in the weeds at work that I can't find the door at the end of the day, I enjoy reading your fish tales. I'm very glad you are enjoying the fishing nearby and that you have a dog who knows how to properly coach you on how to haul in those largemouth. Darned nice fish!
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Post by Robin Sayler »

Phil, I just wanted to let you know I enjoy your stories and blame you completly. Heather and I are getting a Boykin at the end of summer. I hope he's half as good as a guide as yours have been! :D
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

younguy wrote:Phil, I just wanted to let you know I enjoy your stories and blame you completly. Heather and I are getting a Boykin at the end of summer. I hope he's half as good as a guide as yours have been! :D
Robyn, How could you ask for anything more innocent than this...
pssst...I lie. He's really a hellion in a Boykin suit.

At this minute Fudge is sound asleep on his back with all 4 feet in the air in the middle of the couch. Last night we came back from the ramp with him soaking wet and racing around the yard like a wild man. At times he's almost too much for this old man.