Ever seen a 16/0 getting smoked??I did

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
Team Shark Fever
Big ORCA Fan

Ever seen a 16/0 getting smoked??I did

Post by Team Shark Fever »

This is justone of many occasions when huge hammerheads have smoked ourreels on the long key bridge in the Florida keys.many big hammerheads in the 13 to 16 foot hammers have totally spooled us while fishing piers and bridges from Florida.Those big sharks with the power of the current pushing them are almost impossible to stop from anty stationary object.There are better drag systems for sure then the Penn 16/0 but not enough line capacity on any reel in existence to stop a 1400 pound Hammerhead from shore.Check out the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb0tgmvSx5E
fishbugman
Super Board Poster

Re: Ever seen a 16/0 getting smoked??I did

Post by fishbugman »

Team Shark Fever wrote:There are better drag systems for sure then the Penn 16/0
Amen on the Penn drag. I guess you could always bring an inflatable one man raft with you when fishing the bridge and when you hook up you can just go hop in the raft and "get towed" so you do not get spooled. Before you give this a try, brush up on your foreign languages and give a thought to what you would do if a 13-16 foot hammerhead was finally reeled up next to your tiny plastic vessel.