Old member from Sweden

Post information about yourself and your collecting interests.
Johan A
Frequent Board Poster

Old member from Sweden

Post by Johan A »

Hi im a old member who havent made any profile yet .

Johan 49 year from Sweden . Im a machinist to profession and a salmon angler

Bought my first collectable reel thirty years ago . A JVH 4" salmon .

I made some Leonard inspired raised pillar salmon reels twenty years ago that I still fish with

My collecting intrest has been American hard rubber reels . Mostly EvH. And also American cane rods .

Now have I sold a big part of my collection and invested the money in a flyreel workshop at home.

My plans is to start making reels again . But so far I havent got time because of to much reel repair jobs

:fished
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Re: Old member from Sweden

Post by kyreels »

Johan,

Thanks for taking the time to post a profile and learn about your interests. It is always great to see the machinist expertise in this organization. I look forward to seeing more of your work!
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Post by Richard Lodge »

Great to hear from you, Johan. Thanks for posting on ReelTalk. I know a lot of us would be interested in seeing your reels when you do get time to start making them.
Tell us more about what types of reels you collect.

thank you!
Richard
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Hi, johan and thanks for joining in! I wish we were in closer proximity, as i know i could learn a lot from you. I look forward ti seeing reels you have made. I feel your pain Re repairs. I Enjoy doing that work, but have had three reels half done for the last year, my own work always taking a back seat to others projects!

John
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Johan A
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Johan A »

Hi guys !
I took a picture on the reels I made when was young :wink:
They have been on salmon fishing every year since I made them

When It comes to the reels I collect . I have focused on reels I wanna fish with
My favorites is Evh Restigouche were I tried to find reels with all four patent number 79-83 , 83 , 96 and 02 in all sizes
eccept 1-0 that that came later and wasent made with all patent numbers . Never had any 1-0 anyway .

My favorites is the second model Restigouche pat 79-83 where 2-0 and 3-0 is qite hard to find . For a Swede anyway
Johan A
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Johan A »

Restigouche pat 79-83 2-0 - 6-0 on a Schaublin from late fifites
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick in NY »

Nice work! Beautiful reels! Earlier on.. . Many years ago I made a rod l used for a half dozen times... mostly for trout and panfish but the reels are incredible! There's so many more things to consider especially with a raised pillar! I know it's no easy task especially with the handle being recessed into the face place! As an operation engineer I don't get the chance to use a lathe but it's always been a dream to make a reel I'd be able to fish with! Beautiful workmanship.... Tight lines Nick n NY
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!
leland99
Advanced Board Poster

Post by leland99 »

Johan, those are some nice reels you created. Thanks for sharing!!
Bryce Tawney
The Reel Packrat

Packing these reels into my nest hole: Talbot, Milam, Meek, Horton, Heddon, Wm Shakespeare Jr, and small diameter skeleton fly reels!
Johan A
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Johan A »

Thank you Guys

And Nick I hope you will be able to make a reel one day .

My boss let me use the machines for my hobby work before when I didn't have machines myself.

I
Johan A
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Johan A »

Favourite reelmakers milling equipment used almost every week. A simple quick divider with lots of interchangeable discs and a roundtable. Now making parts for American and Canadian salmon reels
Dr. Rob
Super Board Poster

Post by Dr. Rob »

This is super cool… I had no idea.
Where are you located?

PS: don’t let the antique lamp nerds see the PeFeGe on your Aciera. They will be constantly wanting to buy it :-)

Mattson-Zetterlund <3
Robert Janssen
Sweden
Johan A
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Johan A »

Hi Robert :)

Im from Stockholm (järfälla)