Wtb Diawa 700 SS REELS.

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
arley
Advanced Board Poster

Wtb Diawa 700 SS REELS.

Post by arley »

WTB: 3 or 4 undamaged and working diawa whisker ss in 700 size . Paying cash.lmk whatcha' got.
you can tune a piano,but you can't tuna fish.
Paul Roberts
Super Board Poster

Re: Wtb Diawa 700 SS REELS.

Post by Paul Roberts »

Looks as though Daiwa may have finally dropped the SS series? I bought a 700 new last year (I now have one of each size), but see they are gone or listed as out of stock or unavailable. Daiwa still has them listed on their website.
ORCA 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
arley
Advanced Board Poster

Post by arley »

My situation exactly.
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

How would you compare the Diawa saltwater spinning reels to the newer Penn reels? The old Penn 750SS is long gone. I guess I am going to have to start looking on the used market, would like to pick up one more.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
steve.palmisano
Big ORCA Fan

Post by steve.palmisano »

The SS has been a dependable reel for years. I’ve found that the smallest sizes the 700 and 1300 made in Japan out preformed the larger 1600 , and 2600’s. If you want a larger Daiwa, I would take a look at the BG series especially in the salt. I believe they are also using corrosion resistant bearing. Cheers, Steve
arley
Advanced Board Poster

Post by arley »

Hey Steve,
I agree about the performance of the SS 700 & 1300 reels. Those are my go-to reels.
steve.palmisano
Big ORCA Fan

Post by steve.palmisano »

Arley, Yeah , I love those reels. I’ve been fishing with them since they they came out and still use them today. I love the extra smooth drag, and you can’t wear them out. They have been out dated for years now, and I’m sure sells fell. External trip bails and non infinite anti reverse does start to annoy me. If you’re buying one, I would stay w the Japanese models. They switched over to Korea or China in the last 6-7 years now. Parts probably still made in Japan, manufactured elsewhere. Take care, Steve