Need Cozzone Free spool schematic

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Reelman2
Advanced Board Poster

Need Cozzone Free spool schematic

Post by Reelman2 »

Well I forgot one of the cardinal rules of taking reels apart. I forgot to take pics of the internal workings of a Cozzone 150 yd open top free spool reel. Now I am having trouble reassembling the pinion gear parts in the correct order. I can get them assembled but when I do the spool won't turn. I do not have everything in the correct sequence apparently. Amy help will be appreciated.
Collect mostly Ky style reels; Meek, Heddon, Horton, Pflueger Redifor and Worth, etc.

ORCA Member
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Need Cozzone Free spool schematic

Post by john elder »

Is your Cozzone like this one? It's been awhile, but if so, try putting on the 4 washers, with brass on next handle, then handle, then washer and then nut hold it all in place. If yours is different, you might post pics and we should be able to sort it out.....not a lot to these reels!

ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Reelman2
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Reelman2 »

Than ks John but my reel is a little more complicated. Item #1 is the shaft. #2 is the main gear but one side is deeper than the other and I don't know which side is which. #3 fits over the main shaft. I believe the black washers in #4 go on the main gear. #5 has 2 raised notches. #6 is a washer that has a notch on the inside rim and must be slid onto the shaft via a groove that runs up and down. #7 & #8 are washer that go on as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Collect mostly Ky style reels; Meek, Heddon, Horton, Pflueger Redifor and Worth, etc.

ORCA Member
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Does your reel have a star drag wheel ? Model name?
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Reelman2
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Reelman2 »

Yes it does John but never mind I figured it out, It now spins like a top. Thanks for your help.

Bill

ORCA Member