More conflicting climate models

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

More conflicting climate models

Post by RAM »

National Geographic News:

"Snowfall in Antarctica has stayed the same for the past 50 years, new research shows, suggesting that the snows aren't slowing sea level rise caused by global warming as most climate models predict."

Nature News:

"Increased snowfall over a large area of Antarctica is thickening the ice sheet and slowing the rise in sea level caused by melting ice."

Bad Bob

PS: In its program on penguins last Sunday evening NGS stated that, indeed, that there is more snow falling in Antarctica now and the ice is getting thicker. Heard it with my own grubby little ears. Anyone else pick up on that? Those guys can't even agree with themselves!
Jason
Super Board Poster

Post by Jason »

A few years ago I was taking a public speaking class and one of our assignments was to debate global warming. I can't tell you how many times I read or heard people say "scientist agree".

No they don't. It takes five seconds of web searching to find out that nobody agrees.

This year we had 14 consecutive days colder than -40 which hasn't happened in 20 years. It was also the 3rd snowiest April on record. I can't say I'm convinced.

Jason
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Teal »

My in-laws in Northern Minnesota got 18 inches of snow last weekend, and my parents on Lake Superior got snow on fishing opener Saturday for the first time in 30 years.

MOST Scientists agree on one thing: climate IS changing. How drastically and why is the big question.

Cheers,

Dr. Todd