Bad Bob's Oxymoron for Friday

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Bad Bob's Oxymoron for Friday

Post by RAM »

"Even odds"

Definition of "odd": Any of the integers that are NOT exactly divisible by two.
Definition of "even": Any of the integers that ARE exactly divisable by two

Source: Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary

PS Examples:The odds are even that if Boise State played Oklahoma again, BSU would win. Also, the odds are NOT even that if they played Georgia again BSU would win.

Bad Bob
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

BB: are the odds even that the Commodores' uniform is one of the oddest even if they did beat South Carolina last night. Were the odds even on that odd game. Steve S didn't look too happy after that one.
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Teal »

No I don't think the ol' ball coach looked very pleased at the end of last night's game. Good for ol' Vandy! Maybe...I hate jumping the gun on this...a bowl this year?

And how about a little love for my Univ. of Cincinnati Bearcats? Finished the season last year #17 in the nation, walking into the firestorm at Oklahoma tomorrow. I hope for the best. Three years ago had a 4th quarter lead against #1 Ohio State and lost; two years ago knocked off #3 Rutgers; last year had #1 West Virginia down but couldn't keep them down. Maybe this year they knock off another top 3 team.

-- Dr. Todd
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

Only win better than over Spurrier is one over Fulmer.

Geez-At least our uniforms don't exactly match the color of the field. As I said earlier, how can you tackle a guy if he is invisable?

Todd-Go Bearcats! Who knows? Maybe it will be VU and UC in the Super Dome? Definitely not even odds!
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Teal »

Nope, not this year. Gave up 2 TDs in first six minutes, got back into the game at 21-13 at half time. It was 28-20 in the 3rd and they were driving...next thing you known is 52-26. Outscored 24-6 from that point. Ouch.

Still, not a horrible showing on the road (particularly for 3 quarters) against a really, really good team.

-- Dr. Todd