RASSEY REELS

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Jack S
Frequent Board Poster

RASSEY REELS

Post by Jack S »

I would like to do some research on these reels, but I have no idea where to start. I don't even know where the company was located. Could someone help me out with a contact? How 'bout a patent number or date of manufacture (they are all stamped "Pat. Pend.")? Any information would be appreciated!

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, and if anyone has one of these reels to sell or trade, please contact me.

Jack
Harvey
Super Board Poster

Here may be some help!!

Post by Harvey »

Jack, Contact Laurie Bingham. I believe she has some or maybe a collection of them. She is listed in the Members list on this board and in the E-Mail addresses on the main sight.
Harvey
Phantom Fisher
Advanced Board Poster

Acrylic Reels

Post by Phantom Fisher »

Hey, Harvey! Jack and I share an interest in acrylic reels, but mine are all Hypnarowskis from Buffalo, NY. I would love to add to this collection, too.
Harvey
Super Board Poster

Hey, I tried !!!!

Post by Harvey »

It is too darn early to be thinking too much. I knew you had a passion for those see thru reels but never knew which ones. Oh Well! :lol:
"H"
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Nice reels, Laurie!

Post by Richard Lodge »

That's a great lineup of unusual reels. What can you tell us about them? They must be from the 1960s or more recent? Is the company still making them? They look like modern versions of a Meisselbach Amateur, vertical mount with the thumb brake. Thanks for sharing.
Richard
Jack S
Frequent Board Poster

===> OK - NOW I'M BEGGING!!! <===

Post by Jack S »

Someone must know something about the Rassey reel. Do I have to grovel too? A good friend suggested that Rassey was a California company. Can anyone confirm or deny this? OK, so now I'm grovelling. Please help me out, if you can! Thank you!

Jack S