New to collecting -Pflueger

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
spurs101
Big ORCA Fan

New to collecting -Pflueger

Post by spurs101 »

:D :?: I quess I accidently found myself a new collecting hobby. I remember seeing some of the Pfluegers in the local sports shop that I could only dream about. 5 or 6 years ago I stumbled upon a guy in a flea market that had a great steel rod, a vintage Mohawk reel, and a Summit in great condition. I didn't realize how good condition they were until just recently. In the last couple of months, for some reason, I've expanded my "Pflueger" addiction to include a variey of models. I've enjoyed cleaning, lubing and polishing the reels. It's surprising how nice some have turned out.
Is there a good source of "Pflueger" information about identifying, grading, and aquiring parts?
Sorry about being so naive, but I,ve got to start somewhere!

Comments more than welcome
spurs101
Harvey
Super Board Poster

Welcome to the CLAN!!!

Post by Harvey »

Boy, Did you come to the right place. First thing, you should join ORCA. (Go to home page to find that information.) We have tons of Pflurger collectors with tons of information. We have a Library that is accessable to members and there is all the information you will ever need there.
I am sure that someone else that collects "Flueger" will welcome you here and give you more advice.
harvey
(Shakespeare collector)
orcaonli
Big ORCA Fan

Post by orcaonli »

Hello Spurs101,
You have come to the right place! There are a lot of Pfueger collectors in ORCA. In addition, there is sooo much knowledge and help you can get from ORCA that would help you out with your quest. My first suggestion would be to stick to the small stuff at first, until you can get a feel for "true value" on these reels. The club has replacement parts contacts, a library of Pflueger information available at your fingertips, and a ton of people with similar interests that can help you out. Plus a magazine that always hase Pflueger info in it, usually extensive info. I love to read the Reel News magazine. I would highly recommend joining the club, as most of the things I mentioned you would not be able to obtain without joining.

(I am assuming you are not a current member)

Good luck! :D
- Paul
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

Post by SWIM JIG »

:D :idea: YUP! Join ORCA, then the SPECIAL INTREST GROUP ON PFLUGERS, also there is CD called PFLUGER Facts that the cost is minimal , Also Contact George GIGER he is working the SIG on pflugers, after all if it hadent been for the Pfulger folks ( Shakspeare would have been another 50 or so years to start HA HA HOPE YOU SEE THIS Harvy! ALL in ALL Pfuger has contributed more to the fishing world than any other company, ( enterprise, Four brothers Pfluger and some of the desendents now Live in Loudonville Ohio about 40 miles from Akron ohio. When you start you best have plenty of room as to date I dont belive there is a accurate acout of all the types, and paterns styles proto types etc. known to the world on Pfluger! ( Welcome aboard) and hope to see you at one of ORCA shows, what state are you in? Your Ohio Connections SWIM JIG ie Col. Milton Lorens & Froogy JIG RYAN COSTELLO
George Geiger

Pflueger

Post by George Geiger »

You have already heard the best advice,join the club and slow and easy at first. Everyone here is always willing to help a new person out.
Contact me anytime,A Pflueger Nut
George Geiger
spurs101
Big ORCA Fan

Post by spurs101 »

Well, I took the advise and send in form and check to join ORCA. The form was for 2004 membership, so I don't know when exactly I become official. I wish I could remember the seller on E-Ba that put me on to ORCA. Heck of a nice guy and great seller. If I can find it, I'll send him an appreciative note. In the meantime, untill I'm official, I'm glad to be a new member. Please keep in mind I'm a rookie and a novice, so expect a few basic question.
Thanks Again :lol: