HELP with ID!!

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Harvey
Super Board Poster

HELP with ID!!

Post by Harvey »

:?: Does anyone have any idea who made or sold this BOX Or REEL! The reel isn't the right reel but I threw it in for looks. Note the "C" spring clip that holds the spool on. Any ideas on either item?

Thanks in advance if you can help.
Harvey
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

Post by SWIM JIG »

:D :?: :idea: Harvy, the c clip is rather modern, it has the looks of a Diawa part that holds the handle nut on the shaft of a line counter. Also the style favors a Carlton, as for the box? cannot even make a dumb guess let alone a educated one, however as its not wired like some we see it can be considered that the Mfg. Of the box never ment for it to hold much weight, and the lable tells us that whom ever made a reel to go in it had the box mfg design the lable and attach it before the reel mfg or buyer got the box, I would date the box pre 1915 most likly 1912 or 1914 era , hope someone else can help more! Also as for the c clip we use them all the time on that type of reel when we repair or clean them. your Ohio Conections Milt aka SWIM JIG & Ryan aka FROGGY JIG Ps as soon as we get caugt up some more things will be on their way to you, we are swamped with charter boat reels.
reelland
Frequent Board Poster

Post by reelland »

Hey Harvey, I believe Montague had a "Light Weight" fly reel from about that time (1910-20) :?: Richard Lodge might have a better feel for this one. You out thee Richard? Bill Land. PS, I agree with Milt, the e clip has got to make the reel about post WWII.