re the orca library..where's the librarian??

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
john elder
Star Board Poster

re the orca library..where's the librarian??

Post by john elder »

I"m getting failures to connect with the email address harvey gave down a few entries and the that was given in the last Reel News also bounces. Can anyone come up with the real one or is dominick trying to tell us something?

thanks, je
Harvey
Super Board Poster

The Library

Post by Harvey »

John,
Dominick's address is . I sent him an e-mail a few days ago and it didn't come back. I have no idea what is going on with it. My web site stills holds the list but haven't heard from Dom about an upgrade .
:?: :?: :?:
Harvey
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Harvey: that address bounces like an bad check! Perhaps there's supposed to be a .com stuck on the end?

je
mortepa
Advanced Board Poster

Post by mortepa »

I tried to email him and replaced the .cc with .com and have had no failure to deliver yet. If someone gets verification of Dom's email address, please let me know. I have a couple ORCA library questions for him.

Speaking of the library...
The listing is now totally contained on the orcaonline.org site like it should be, instead of taking up donated space from Harvey's site.

http://orcaonline.org/library.htm

Thanks,
- Paul
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

ORCA Library

Post by Reel Geezer »

Paul, the reason the library inventory was kept on Harvey's site was so he could update it as new material came in. It was a lot more conventient for both Harvey (as the librarian) and me (as web editor) and a lot more accurate for our members. :D
Harvey
Super Board Poster

Thank You Paul!!

Post by Harvey »

Great job of converting the list but is is not totaly correct. I told Don. what needed to be done to make it correct. (deleating some files and adding others) but he never got in touch with me about doing that. Maybe he is still trying to figure it out :D And Phil is right! You will find it a pain in the rump to keep the list current if there are additions. Someone should get in touch with Dom and find out what is going on. People have a hard time understanding me over the phone because of my voice so I prefer it not be me. Maybe someone should contact Andy and let him take care of it.
Just my opnions.
Sorry if I upset anyone but we have a good thing there and it should be kept current.
harvey
mortepa
Advanced Board Poster

Post by mortepa »

I suppose I will have to do it the "old fashioned" way...a phone call. :D I have been unable to get in touch with him online. I am guessing he probably does not check his email a lot.

I was aware that the library list needed updates, but my hands are tied until I can get that information.

At least it is switched over to our site for now. One less check off my list.
reeljohn2
Big ORCA Fan

How can I contact dominick??

Post by reeljohn2 »

Ive been trying to contact Dominick for several weeks regarding a request I sent some about a month ago. Ive been using the ace address but the emails get bounced. If someone could provide his phone number that would be great. At this point i just want to be sure the request and check didnt disappear in the mail.
thanks John
Librarian
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Librarian »

To all that the librarian died I am alive.Since the begining I have had computer proublems.The big one was our local provider was sold to one in Minn. then they were sold to earthlink after a while they pulled out of our town.Then we went with our local phone co. proublems from the start,finally Earthlink came back so I think we are good to go.I have added a lot of new items to the list that will be updated shortly.Sorry for the lack of information and the proublem of getting intouch with me.My new e-mail is Dominick
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Dominick: We're glad to hear you are ok! Live is good!

re the library page, note that the email address needs to be changed. Also, I would recommend that you move the info regarding page charges to the top. I had not scanned to the bottom and didn't realize what charges were involved. Also, are checks to be made out to ORCA or to you personally? Sent to you? Given the need for cash exchange, it seems your email would not be needed, regardless! Please, anyone that knows, fill me in and thanks!
mortepa
Advanced Board Poster

Post by mortepa »

I agree...and it is in the works. The Library is currently #3 on my list of "to-do's" for the website. Here is what is happening right now...

Website top 5 priorities
(#1) Putting the ORCA store into production.
- OFSR SIG page monthly update
- Library update
- Photo album additions
- Email forwarding setup (for editor, web manager, president, vice-
president, and treasurer)

I forgot to say thanks for your input John. Suggestions like yours is what will make our site improve. If you or anyone else has any input or suggestions, please either post it here or email me directly at
Harvey
Super Board Poster

The way the list is was my fault

Post by Harvey »

John and others,
The list was made up by me before it was put on a web site. That is why the instructions was on the bottom. When I first started it wasn't but a couple pages with 35 files and I sent it to members by snail mail. I just happened to include the pricing and other information at the bottom. You are right. It probably should be moved to the top. I have all the faith in Paul and Dominick that they will make it easier to understand.
Harvey
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Digital Library

Post by Brian F. »

Will there be a move to digitize the library in the future? The last few contributions I made were digital since it seemed like it would produce better copies.

I like how the NFLCC has done this by offering CDs. I purchased one a few years ago but now am wondering about how to get updated contributions.