Paul - A suggestion how to fill that quiet time around 2am

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
GeigerNY
Frequent Board Poster

Paul - A suggestion how to fill that quiet time around 2am

Post by GeigerNY »

Paul

I know that you are busier then a cat in a marble hallway with this web page and everything else. Just want to say thanks for your hard work, Now that I have set you up. I have an idea for thought. Would it be possible to have a live chat rooms on this site? Where members could have discussions, SIGS could hold meeting, The Board and Officers could have a room for meetings and I could have a room titled “How do I put this dumb reel back together “ maybe with web cams. I need all the help I can get sometimes.
George
mortepa
Advanced Board Poster

Post by mortepa »

Another good suggestion George. Actually, orcaonline.org already has a chat page that is fully functional. I have not made it public yet though. Along with some other ideas I have, this was put on the backburner temporarily. I did some brief testing and it seems to be a nice program, and it is made by the same folks that made this board. So the interface would be somewhat familiar.

However, I don't want to put it on here without running it past the board of directors first. There are things to consider, such as anonymous abuse of the chat forum. (swearing, polluting the room with jubberish, or identity theft) Not that I think anyone in our club would do that, but stranger things have happened. Others have expressed some concern towards this too when I brought up the chatroom topic. So, just keep your fingers crossed for now.

So the short answer is that it is in the works and we may give it a try down the road. So keep checking back! :D

- Paul
GeigerNY
Frequent Board Poster

Your the Best

Post by GeigerNY »

Paul
I should have known you were right on top of this. I understand the concerns ,perhaps an ignor buttion might help . Maybe a trial period would work and if it gets out of hand then we can shut it down or just limit the use to members.
Again thanks for all your great work.
George