how do you post that pic by your sign-in name??

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
john elder
Star Board Poster

how do you post that pic by your sign-in name??

Post by john elder »

what a great feature! Just not sure how to make it happen! Paul?
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

oh, I see it's addressed in the FAQ section, as stated below...looks like we contact paul?

How do I show an image below my username?
There may be two images below a username when viewing posts. The first is an image associated with your rank; generally these take the form of stars or blocks indicating how many posts you have made or your status on the forums. Below this may be a larger image known as an avatar; this is generally unique or personal to each user. It is up to the board administrator to enable avatars and they have a choice over the way in which avatars can be made available. If you are unable to use avatars then this is the decision of the board admin and you should ask them their reasons (we're sure they'll be good!)
Harvey
Super Board Poster

YOU MEAN LIKE THIS??

Post by Harvey »

Go to your profile and at the bottom there is a site link to your picture. If you can't store pictures on the web, send thre picture to me and I will store it for you. Then all you do is put the URL in the space provided.
harvey :D
mortepa
Advanced Board Poster

Post by mortepa »

Thanks Harvey...here are some step-by-step instructions too...

Follow these steps to load an Avatar to your profile:
1. Go to your profile
2. Scroll to the bottom
3. Enter in the URL of the image you would like to use
(example: http://orcaonline.org/images/pixel.gif)
Note – make sure your image is 100 x 100 pixels or less, or the image will not display.
4. Click on Submit

After these four steps, all your posts will contain the picture you specified. Harvey is correct...you will need to provide your own webspace to do this...at least for now. :D

Ok, I have re-thought this. If you have some 100x100 quality photos that we can use on the site for avatars. I would like to put some out there for everyone to use. Especially if they have transparent backgrounds. I think it would be nice to have a small selection for everyone to use.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

hey, it works! Paul, I'll dig up some more pics that you can put in a library of pics, assuming some _____ won't be able to lift them and put them on ebay! j
piscesman
Advanced Board Poster

posting pictures

Post by piscesman »

I don't inderstand how to post a picture for avitar from an offline source. Could someone please help me. Thank you.
Kim :cry: :cry:
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

Post your picture:
1. Select the picture you want to use as an avatar.
2. Shrink it, using your image-processing program, to 15kb or less by cutting it down to 100 x 100 pixels or smaller.
Couple of messages above, Harvey volunteered to upload avatars to his server. Either he or you can shrink the image to the proper size.
3. If you have a way of storing images with your Internet service provider, upload your image to it. If not, email it to Harvey to store it. The image will then have a URL.

Set up your avatar:
1. Make sure you're logged onto this board.
2. Click on "Profile" at the top of this page.
3. Scroll down to "Avatar Control Panel" and type in the URL of your image.
4. Click "Submit." Your picture should show under your name in every message you submit.
mortepa
Advanced Board Poster

Post by mortepa »

Ok everyone,
John Elder was nice enough to donate some nice reel pictures for us to use as avatars. (those little photos on the left hand side of the screen by everyone's name) It took a little looking into in order to have them available to everyone, but they are there now. In order to select one for your own from these donated reel pics, you must go into your profile and select the photo from the gallery.

So everyone say Thanks to John! :D

- Paul
mortepa
Advanced Board Poster

Post by mortepa »

You may also upload your own photo now...as long as it is less than 15 kb and less than 100 x 100 pixels. Have fun with it!
mortepa
Advanced Board Poster

Post by mortepa »

Thank you Steve Vernon for adding several more avatar pictures that everyone can use. We have a great collection of thumbnails now because of John Elder and now Steve. Thanks again guys! :bow:

Here are a couple examples: