In Honor of Stu Lawson ... Announcing LAWSON'S PRICE GUIDE 4th Edition!

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

In Honor of Stu Lawson ... Announcing LAWSON'S PRICE GUIDE 4th Edition!

Post by Teal »

We all knew and loved Stu, and we all devoured his Price Guides to Old Fishing Reels. As many know, he worked on his latest (4th edition) up until his untimely passing a few years back. With the help and encouragement of his wife Lois, and the incredible hard work of John Elder updating the computer files and adding 2000+ new listings, I am proud to announce Lawson's Price Guide to Old Fishing Reels, 4th Edition (2017)!

We've made some improvements we think you'll like. First, we upgraded the binding so the pages won't fall out (as older editions of Stu's were prone to do). Second, we've increased the size from 5.5" x 8.5" paperback to full sized 8.5" x 11" softcover so reading the entries won't require a magnifying glass. All at the same price as the 103-page first edition published way back in 1994!

13,000+ entries covering just about every reel known ... you really can't afford not to have this one!

Click here:

https://www.whitefishpress.com/bookdetail.asp?book=225

to learn more and to pre-order (they will ship in late January).

-- Dr. Todd
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Re: In Honor of Stu Lawson ... Announcing LAWSON'S PRICE GUIDE 4th Edition!

Post by Brian F. »

This is great news! I bought his first book in 1997. It was a kick seeing so many names of different reels and what they were selling for. And it's great to know that Stu is still around helping us with our collections!
Aloha
Brian F.
_________

ORCA Member 1997
Got a spare reel stamped "Pflueger" or a Montague Imperial?
"Caution, objects in reel view mirror are older than they appear."
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Great job, Dr. todd! I know Stu would be pleased to see his last work off the computer and into print. I want to add a quick nod to Tom Delong for help with listing spinning reel values originally gathered by another of our dearly departed members, Ben Wright. Thanks, Tommy!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

My congratulations go out to you all. I can only imagine how daunting a job that was for you guys. I hope this isn't the last hurrah for price guides like this. Thanks once again.
Mark
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

My order was placed last night!
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Thanks John! It was fun and we had some great banters while sorting out and organizing the spinners, can't wait to get a copy! :cool
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027