Deletions of postings.

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Jack Bright
Advanced Board Poster

Deletions of postings.

Post by Jack Bright »

Paul--Just a suggestion RE: deletions the one about Conroy,etc.,
both Dean Smith and I have tried
corresponding to no avail. Why not
delete a posting like that?
mortepa
Advanced Board Poster

Post by mortepa »

Jack, do you think it might be better to just leave it so that others can be aware of that person's email address? I think you guys did a good thing by following up on that post. So thanks to you and Dean.

I learned a small lesson awhile back about deleting posts. My rule of thumb now is do not delete any posts unless absolutely necessary. I want people to feel free to post without fear that I will delete it on a whim.

Thanks,
- Paul
Jack Bright
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jack Bright »

:evil:Paul-- This same 'Brooke'is
posting on Joe`s board and not responding to queries, something not
right, or maybe I`m just a skeptic
old geezer?
mortepa
Advanced Board Poster

Post by mortepa »

Hi Jack,
I just received word from a trusted source that Brooke is for real. For some reason this person just did not respond to all the emails they received regarding that Conroy. Supposedly, the reel was actually sold to an ORCA member too. I hope they come back and sell more items like that...only next time, I am willing to bet they would handle it differently. :D

- Paul
reelsmith.

Brooke

Post by reelsmith. »

Brooke never answered any of my emails on the Conroy. Then he put a 2 5/8" Uniqua on Joes... and never answered my emails on that either. Then he put a 2 7/8" Uniqua on Joes and much to my surprise I got an email... and a picture too!

I asked about the Conroy and he said he had sold it to his brother. By the time I got back to him he said the 2 7/8" Uniqua was gone.

Dean.