ANTIPES displays at massive Feb 2018 Int'l Fishing Show in Italy

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

ANTIPES displays at massive Feb 2018 Int'l Fishing Show in Italy

Post by Paul M »

Pictures from Sergio Di Marco showing the exhibition of old fishing equipment curated by ANTIPES - as seen at PESCARE- the International Exhibition Of Sport Fishing And Recreational Yachting, held at Fiera Di Vicenza, Italy 24th - 26th February 2018. This is a huge fishing tackle exhibition with some 15,000 attendees.

I can only dream about ORCA doing an exhibit like this at a major international sportsman show in the US or elsewhere. It must have cost a small fortune to organize and set this up, even as a non-profit endeavour. Nice job ANTIPES, especially organizer Renzo Di Paolo... and 2018 ORCA members Sergio Di Marco and Silvano Baraldi!

Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: ANTIPES displays at massive Feb 2018 Int'l Fishing Show in Italy

Post by Midway Tommy D »

FINALLY!, Some Spinning Reels! :shock: A sight for sore eyes, for sure! :D Man I wish I could afford to have been there! :cry:

Thank you, Sergio, & Paul, for some beautiful eye candy. :bow:
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

Pocket change for you Tommy. If you would have asked your wife I;m sure she would have given you One Way fare!!
Cast your cares upon the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Chuck Gano
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Chuck Gano »

yes!! for the spinning reel collector that would have been great, except for the language barrier & exchange rate
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

I had no problem using English when I travelled to Italy and Google Translate works fine for email and text messaging. What's a few Euros among friends?

I was challenged to grow the international membership of this club and communicating with folks in like-minded foreign associations is a means to that end. I think the example set by ANTIPES is admirable and I am very happy to cooperate with them.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

Very interesting photographs of the tables at this show with the Italian and European tackle. Most of us need a little lesson on tackle from other countries. Thanks for posting. The only thing that could have made it better would have been a few photos of the delicious Italian food (my fav) from the nearby restaurants.

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Post by reeltackle »

Great trip and great set up Paul, I am inspired by your effort, I'm sure it was a reel great experience. Thanks for sharing and sign me up for next year!

I wonder if ORCA could set up a booth at an ICAST show in Orlando this year. The show is in mid July and it is the fishing industries largest annual show featuring literally miles and miles of fishing tackle and fishing related products. Anyone?????

http://www.icastfishing.org/
Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

We umm, I didn’t go to this one. Maybe I inadvertently confused you with my other tackle show pic and my reference to a trip for other reasons. I would love for ORCA or individual members to get tables at one of be major shows. I did discuss gong to iCast last year, at least as a delegate to see if we can get in on the action but the cost and timing stymied that idea.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Post by reeltackle »

Oops, I misread the original post, I thought you went to the show Paul, however, I see you were sharing Sergio's photos ..... sorry for the confusion.

Perhaps the folks at ICAST could be persuaded into giving us a little space based on being a historical exhibit, kinda like a public service message reminding everyone of angling's great past.
Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.