Meiss Good Luck 4 inch horizontal

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
corbo
Frequent Board Poster

Meiss Good Luck 4 inch horizontal

Post by corbo »

understand they were made. have never seen one and need one in GC+. have the rest and need to fill a hole. Corbo :bash:
Roger Schulz
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Meiss Good Luck 4 inch horizontal

Post by Roger Schulz »

Corbo

I have a 4 inch wooden reel with a Meisselbach patent date. It is not the Good Luck brand. Has a diamond shaped bracket connecting to the wooden reel with the large Good Luck knobs. Not for sale.

Roger Schulz
corbo
Frequent Board Poster

Post by corbo »

Roger,
you and I have had communication with regard to Meisselbachs on a number of occasions in the past, and you have always been helpful. thanks for your post. Just looking for one I've never seen offered for sale, and guess you have not either.
Dave Corbin
Roger Schulz
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Roger Schulz »

Dave

I checked the 1918 catalog and it showed 5 inch, 6 inch and 7 inch. Same with the 1906 catalog. The Good Luck was patented in March 9, 1897..The diamond bracket is marked patented Nov. 3, 1891 (patent of an expert reel). I also have two diamond bracket at 6 1/2 inches each. These were made before the Good Luck ones.

Roger
corbo
Frequent Board Poster

Post by corbo »

Roger,
I noted in Mr. White's history and value guide, that you helped compile, mention of a 4 inch "S" model (least common) hence my reason for asking. Below that he mentions the 1st model "diamond" shape crank support. I was unaware. Thanks for the teach. The five inch "S" was a bit of a tuffy to find also.
Dave