a sad day

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

a sad day

Post by m3040c »

I just gotten word that one of our fellow members, Brian Purrone has passed away. He was a consummate collector, always deeply concerned about getting the history correct. He will be greatly missed by me and I am sure many others.
mike cass,,, if you can't collect it, it must be food
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Re: a sad day

Post by 54bullseye »

Mike it was posted a while ago but in a different category. John Taylor

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22162&p=102129&hilit=Brian+Purrone#p102129
joe klaus
Super Board Poster

Post by joe klaus »

I created a thread that is just 2 below this one kind of "complaining" that Brian's passing wasn't posted on the Reel Talk board. I continue to think it should have been here even though I now understand there are other (and better) ways of reading all the content on all of our Boards.
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

Post by m3040c »

Mike it was posted a while ago but in a different category. John Taylor
Thank you very much John. I did not see the other post. Our collecting world is getting smaller. We have lost some great people in recent times.
mike cass,,, if you can't collect it, it must be food
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Teal »

I also did not see the original message. Brian was a very kind man and a knowledgable collector with a tremendous eye for quality. He built a world class collection and was always helpful in sharing information. I am saddened by this news. We have lost a great resource and a good friend.