NEW REEL BOOK Northwest Fishing Reels: A Collector's Guide to Reels from the Great Northwest

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

NEW REEL BOOK Northwest Fishing Reels: A Collector's Guide to Reels from the Great Northwest

Post by Teal »

Sometimes the mail brings surprising treats -- today, it brought a brand new book on fishing reels and I'm so excited! It's called "Northwest Fishing Reels: A Collector's Guide to Reels from the Great Northwest, First Edition with Value Guides" by Russell R. Christianson and Tom Harwood. This 350 page book (numerous B&W images) covers fishing reels from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming.

I own all of Russ Christianson's books on Northwest tackle so I am sure this is going to be a great addition to our reel libraries! When I finish reading it I will submit a review of it to the Reel News.

I'll also contact Russ and see what ordering info is.

-- Dr. Todd
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Re: NEW REEL BOOK Northwest Fishing Reels: A Collector's Guide to Reels from the Great Northwest

Post by Teal »

Russ emailed me and said the book is now available on Amazon, on Etsy, and on eBay. So it should be easily found for anyone interested! Russ and Tom will also have copies at Tulsa at the end of the month, so they've got all bases covered!

-- Dr. Todd
Kyfish
Big ORCA Fan

Re: NEW REEL BOOK Northwest Fishing Reels: A Collector's Guide to Reels from the Great Northwest

Post by Kyfish »

A great book for us collectors. There are many reels discussed that I haven't seen written about before.
Z3BigDaddy
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Z3BigDaddy »

This book was a pretty limited printing from what they were saying so they probably will sell out, I would think, relatively quickly. The pricing is pretty dang cheap for what this book has between the covers. I would have charged about twice what they are charging had I done it. I bought two copies myownself, one to keep pristine and one to write notations in. Oregon reels are a thing with me so this book falls right in my collecting zone.

WANTED!

WTB
These Reels! Finder Fee Paid.