Source for old reel schematics

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Skip
Advanced Board Poster

Source for old reel schematics

Post by Skip »

Used to be I could find all kinds of old reel parts schematics and parts lists online. Lately I'm not having as much luck.

I seem to recall there was a business that sold old parts that had a huge database of schematics and parts lists but I can't find it now. It's a real problem when I can't find the proper part number and part name for a part I need. There are a lot of old parts on eBay but often they are listed by number only, not the reel(s) they were used in.

Any recommendations for sources of these old diagrams and lists would be welcomed.
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Re: Source for old reel schematics

Post by Ron Mc »

you're thinking of Mike's Reel Repair, he has a big database, and seems to work on widening it as he finds schematics to add.
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

The ORCA online library has 425 documents in the schematics section alone. Some of those documents are single schematics and many are repair manuals covering dozens of models. ORCA membership provides complete access and is available in the ORCA Online store. Buy an ORCA membership online with PayPal for immediate self-serve access to the ORCA library. https://www.orcaonline.org/product-cate ... chematics/
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

At 11 cents a day for membership, Skip, you can't go wrong.
Mark
Skip
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Skip »

Ron Mc wrote:you're thinking of Mike's Reel Repair, he has a big database, and seems to work on widening it as he finds schematics to add.
Yeah, Mike's I had found, no problem, high up in search engine results. I may be searching his site wrong but I have problems finding what I'm looking for there and it seems to me as if he is either removing older schematics or has them organized in a way that I haven't figured out yet.

Harry Verdurchi sent me a link to the site I remembered but couldn't find:

https://www.reelschematic.com/#gsc.tab=0