Johnson’s Jet

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Blaine23
Big ORCA Fan

Johnson’s Jet

Post by Blaine23 »

Hey all,
I’m looking for any information on unit Johnson’s Jet. I know it was made by LD Johnson in Texas. Any information would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has one or knows where I could fine one, I would be interested in purchasing it. I have attached a picture of the poster for one.
colby sorrells
Super Board Poster

Re: Johnson’s Jet

Post by colby sorrells »

Hey Blaine 23,
Not sure I've seen this before. I'll do some searching around today and post what I find. I've collected Texas tackle for over 30 years and don't remember this one.

Keepin' It Fun!

Colby
Blaine23
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Blaine23 »

Thank you
colby sorrells
Super Board Poster

Post by colby sorrells »

Blaine,
L.D. Johnson, originally from Bonham, Fannin County, Texas, also made a vapor bug killer called a Mightyette. Found several ads for this little devise circa 1965. One of the ads includes "By the Makers of "Johnson's Jet" Your power cast fishing rod - NEW" at the bottom of the Mightyette ad.

There was a similar rod called a Auto Cast that may be the successor of the Johnson Jet.

I know this is not much. I'll keep looking and keep you informed if I find anything else.

Keepin' It Fun!

Colby
Blaine23
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Blaine23 »

Thank you so much! This helps a lot. Do you know where I might be able to purchase one?
Blaine23
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Blaine23 »

Any update on the ability to purchase one of these?