Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:39 pm 
Reel Talk Member
Advanced Board Poster
Guys, I just bought this outfit in a group of rods and reels from a guy. I can not begin to tell you how hard it was to control my excitement! The guy called and wanted to sell me some Penn reels and other “stuff” for fishing. Would I be interested? I informed him it depended on what models the reels were and the condition. He threw out a price and I said I would take a look. This was part of “ the stuff”! I paid the man his asking price! Now, to my problem, no name on the rod. I am curious if anyone recognizes the way it’s made and can identify the maker. The rod is sort of a triangle or pyramid shape. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Randy McConnell
Reeltyme

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:35 pm 
Reel Talk Member
Frequent Board Poster
Randy looks like you got a very nice Ocean City #814 Cradle with an early, but re-tied Tycoon Bimini King tip. I say early as the roller guides are an early version with the two nuts under the foot of each one holding the guide together. These cradles were made between 1942 and 1956. Nice Find for sure! Doug

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:40 pm 
Advanced Board Poster
They could have picked a better color for the wraps !!!! LOL !!!! Still a great find Randy. John Taylor PS I have a 814 with a Bimini King but not all roller like yours ! Yours is SWEET !!

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:55 pm 
Reel Talk Member
Advanced Board Poster
Thanks John. I got lucky on this one! You do have a “1-up” on me though, yours is clean! My needs some wash and wax!

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:27 pm 
Advanced Board Poster
You have the nice old roller guides ! That rod would be worth having done over. Nice Randy !! John Taylor