Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:28 am 
Reel Talk Member
Ultra Board Poster
Looking for any help in locating Bronson Reel Co. magazine ads for 1936 and 1937. No 1936 or 1937 Bronson catalogs are known to exist and any ads from these years could perhaps shed more light on the models available or introduced during those two years. This could really help to enhance the information in ORCA's Bronson Reel Website. Thanks in advance.
Mark Williams

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:33 pm 
Advanced Board Poster
Mark,

I might be able to help. I have a Hoffman Hardware catalog from about that time period. Hoffman's out of Los Angeles sold EVERYTHING, and their catalogs included a lot of fishing gear. I have catalog #38. Not sure what year this catalog came out, but it has a copy of the Catalina Tuna Club rules dated 1937 in it. The entire catalog is 3.5 inches thick, and there is quite a large section advertising a ton of tackle, everything imaginable, from reels to rods to lures to terminal gear to line, etc., etc., from Tycoon Tackle, Pflueger, Bronson-Coxe, South Bend, Montague, Heddon, etc., etc. It could be the ads for the Bronson reels in the catalog are from 1936-1937. Attached are a few scans of pages out of the catalog that might help date it.

Cheers,
John

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:03 am 
Reel Talk Member
Ultra Board Poster
Thank you, John. Most appreciated.
Mark