Info. need on this Ari't Hart reel

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Nick
Advanced Board Poster

Info. need on this Ari't Hart reel

Post by Nick »

Can anyone tell me how to remove the spool on this fly reel? Appreciate any info you may have...thanks

Reeltyme

Re: Info. need on this Ari't Hart reel

Post by Reeltyme »

Nick, Have you tried holding the spool and “unscrewing” the face plate? Worth a shot! If not, is the “button” removable and hide a screw?
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

Post by Jim Schottenham »

Nick, I'm willing to bet the spool is held on by an "O" ring - try holding the reel on the sides and placing your thumbs in the frame holes, and push the spool out and off. Even pressure on the thumbs is the trick. I don't have one in hand, but I'm kinda remembering the Hart 1 reels came apart that way.
Jim Schottenham
ORCA Honorary member
www.SideMountReels.com
Nick
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick »

Thanks for the help guys...I finally got it.What made it tough was a combination
of things...plus the fact that I had no Idea what to try and in what manner to do so.
The major problem was the grease had dried and solidified preventing the spool to
slide on the shaft...and I was trying to figure this out with a full spool of line.
So I removed the line,and unwound the back plate (emblem) side of the reel. Once
the line was off I turned the reel with crank facing me,put my thumbs on the reel foot
and my other fingers inside the spool and pushed toward me with my fingers and away from me with my thumbs...and it broke the dried lube free...just thought I'd share ...and thanks again for your input.

Nick M.
Reeltyme

Post by Reeltyme »

Congratulations Nick :bow: I was just getting ready to offer a couple more (apparently) worthless suggestions. So, are you going to clean her up now that she’s apart? :lol:
Nick
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick »

Yes I am...I oiled and lubed it....the lube it had was new looking and the
inside is very clean,but probably just dried out with sitting and heat,etc.
would all tend to solidify it.