Shimano reels. Discussion.

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
LazzyRod
Big ORCA Fan

Shimano reels. Discussion.

Post by LazzyRod »

Hello everyone!

I'm newbie here, so i need your experienced opinion. I'm newbie-fisherman. This summer i've tried to fish the first time in my life. My dad took me out of town for a fishing lesson. At the beginning, i was a little bit frustrated, but when i got my first fish i was as happy as a kid :lol: My dad gave me his spinning, and now i go fishing with my family a few times a month. My elder son got this passion to fishing too, so we often go out of town, camp, and chill.

Now i have an issue with reel! The previous one is too outdated and spins around not smoothly, but i think it should :lol: Which reel would you recommend me? I heard about Shimano reels, and i've put an eye on them. If someone tried them out? I'm interested in either inshore and offshore spinning reels. Waiting for your feedback!
Last edited by LazzyRod on Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Shimano reels. Discussion.

Post by Phil »

The Shimano spinning reels are great and will give you years of service. The symmetry or Sahara are reasonably priced and are fantastic for the $. Always rinse them well after a saltwater trip and they won’t let you down. Have fun!
LazzyRod
Big ORCA Fan

Post by LazzyRod »

Hello Phil,
Thank you for your feedback. I found Sahara on Amazon and i liked it. It looks like Twin Power SW, colors are same)
When i saw the price of Sahara i was shocked, thank you very much. You saved me a lot of money!
P.s. who are those people who buy reel for 600$? :roll:
Phil
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Phil »

In my case it’s folks that get on EBay after too many beers. :D
Doesn’t happen often though!
Skip
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Skip »

Hi Lazzy

Welcome

If you would let us know what kind of fishing you do we can give you some specific advice on good rigs for a beginning fisherman.

Also, if you could identify the reel your dad gave you, maybe post a couple of pics, we might be able to help you with that.

Most reels are not that complicated or hard to work on and often the problem with a stiff reel is easy to fix.