Meek epic released by Todd Larson

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Meek epic released by Todd Larson

Post by Mike N »

I received the 2-volume epic biography (800-pages total) of the great Kentucky reel maker B.F. Meek today, written and compiled by Dr. Todd E.A. Larson (Teal). It has been long-awaited by many Kentucky reel collectors. Both volumes are available at Whitefish Press for a mere $44.95.

Dr. Todd goes out of his way in the book’s forward to thank the Old Reel Collectors Association and many of its past and present members by name for their contributions. It certainly is a “must have” for anyone with an interest in those fine handmade Kentucky reels generally built between the end the Civil War and the start of WW I.
Last edited by Mike N on Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Re: Meek epic released by Todd Larson

Post by kyreels »

My copy is sitting under the Christmas Tree now, having told my (much) better half that all I wanted for Christmas was an epic treatise on the BF Meek legacy. I guess she figured it out.

You can purchase the two volume soft cover edition here on Orca https://www.orcaonline.org/orca-store/o ... ing-reels/

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good year,
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
Roger Schulz
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Meek epic released by Todd Larson

Post by Roger Schulz »

All

Also available at the ORCA store. Same price. I have copies in stock.

Roger