Andy Foster passed away

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
BirdDog
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Andy Foster passed away

Post by BirdDog »

For some reason I missed this. Very Sad to hear of Andy's passing , I always looked forward to seeing him at the shows.
He was a great man and will be missed.
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

I must be the last to know. I haven't kept up with posts lately. When my son sent my Reel News to Tn. where I am currently at, I was very sorry to see andy had passed a couple of months back. He was president at the first Nationals I attended in Dowagic. Nice gentelman. Saw him a couple of times at Ftw. NFLCC Nationals. always tried to say hi.
Cast your cares upon the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

While looking for a YouTube video on fishing collectibles, I happened upon this 10 minute interview with Andy Foster when he was exhibiting at a show. It has over 10,000 views and is a good way to remember our pal. I found it interesting that when asked about the ebb and flow of reel prices, Andy used the “windshield wiper” Heddon 4-18 as his top example. I wish the interviewer would have shown more of Andy’s tournament reel collection, however.

Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOk9YjN3M68
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

Thanks Mike.
Cast your cares upon the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19