Thank You John Elder

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
clacker39
Frequent Board Poster

Thank You John Elder

Post by clacker39 »

Hi Members
I would like to publicly thank John Elder for giving unstintingly of his time to offer me a great deal of assistance in re-assembling a reel that I was more than struggling with.
Being oceans apart John was undeterred and took a great deal of time in sending notes and pics to assist me in
my endeavour.
John has a wealth of knowledge that he is so generous in sharing with other members and his actions are highly commendable.
Please accept my heartfelt appreciation sir.
Kind Regards
Clacker39 [Bob]
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Thank You John Elder

Post by john elder »

Well, thanks for the shout-out, Bob! But I can attest that there is nothing special about the help I {hope successfully (?)} gave you without paying ugly bucks to the postal service! I guarantee you that this board is full of people that wouldn't hesitate to do the same..nothing exceptional about my few email contributions!

I hope when you are done with it, you can share some pics!

John
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
clacker39
Frequent Board Poster

Re: Thank You John Elder

Post by clacker39 »

Hi John
Yes I do agree that there are a lot of other board members who are extremely generous with their time in helping those not as experienced in the processes of dismantling and re-assembling reels.
It is certainly great to be able to access this information.
Again thank you,your info was spot on. Yes I will post some pics after final assembly.

Kind Regards Clacker 39 [Bob]