Anyone up for a “virtual tackle show?”

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Anyone up for a “virtual tackle show?”

Post by Mike N »

I’ve been thinking that tough times call for some innovation. With tackle shows being canceled, I thought it would be cool for ORCA to sponsor a virtual meet on ReelTalk. Here are some guidelines I thought would make it realistic, but I’m up for any suggestions:

1. For each $5 donation to ORCA you get a “table.” You must be a club member to set up a table, but anyone can buy. For each table you can post up to 10 items/reels for sale.

2. In keeping with our club’s education objective, each seller must also post at least one group photo of vintage reels “for display only” with some explanatory text.

3. Items for sale on your table must be priced with shipping also estimated. (I’m up for suggestions here.)

4. “Set up” would start on say Thursday night and the buying, browsing and selling would take place Friday morning through Sunday afternoon.

5. We could have a vote using the poll feature for Best Reel Display.

6. We could have a silent auction to benefit the club via donated items.

7. We could “advertise” the virtual show on Joe’s etc. to get more traffic and buyers.

8. Maybe some of our tech savvy members like Matt W. could come up with some graphics and format.

Any interest?

Thanks

Mike N.
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Re: Anyone up for a “virtual tackle show?”

Post by kyreels »

I like the idea. I think we would create a new Forum dedicated to the Virtual Show. A table is a post. You could have multiple posts. Each post would be "x$". Probably a one or two day show on the weekend.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Perhaps removal of the charges for a first try would be in order and just set it up under Show and Sale on the For Sale page to simplify things... could make it an annual or bi-annual event to maintain novelty.
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

All good ideas, but it is extremely easy to set up a special forum for this. Having a Virtual Reel Show special forum allows us to enable posts at a certain time, shut it down for posting, even possible to restrict the Show forum.

Right now, we are concentrating in March on updating the message board, but maybe later in April the board could consider this.

Obviously, with many having cabin fever now, the For Sale forum is a great option to continue to use.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Post by reeltackle »

I am interested, count me in. Looking forward to it no matter how it is set up.
Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.