A few thoughts

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Mike N
Star Board Poster

A few thoughts

Post by Mike N »

I was reading my March 2020 copy of the Reel News this evening and noticed the list of paid lifetime members. ORCA’s most recent life member was the late Jason Michaels who just passed away a few weeks ago at a young age after battling cancer.

There was a lengthy list of people on Joe’s site giving remembrances of Jason. I met him a few years ago at a small tackle show near Pittsburgh. Jason was with his young son and when I expressed an interest in vintage Pennsylvania “license plate” hunting licenses he unselfishly gave me a detailed education and even sold me a few at a very reasonable price. Jason made his living as the owner of numerous pizza restaurants and was known by many as Pizza Joe.

His website is still the go-to site regarding PA fishing badges.

http://www.oldtacklebox.com/index.htm

Godspeed, Jason. We lost you too soon. May God bless your wife and children and loved ones.

On a happier note, it’s another excellent Reel News issue. I particularly enjoyed Roger Schultz’s article at page 15 where he summarizes Phil White’s 1994 interview with Walter Catucci. Good stuff.
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Eric J
Advanced Board Poster

Re: A few thoughts

Post by Eric J »

Would it be possible to transfer Jason’s life membership to his young son? ORCA needs the next generation of collectors and just a nice thing to do.
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

Eric J wrote:Would it be possible to transfer Jason’s life membership to his young son? ORCA needs the next generation of collectors and just a nice thing to do.
This.
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Roger Schulz
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Roger Schulz »

Yes, we can transfer Jason's membership to his wife or any member of is family. If someone who knows Jason's family could contact them and get the name of his son, we could make the change. If that is what his family wants. Jason was the 18th Life Member.

Roger
bettybarr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by bettybarr »

Roger, thank you for letting us know about Jason. Transferring his Lifetime membership to his son is a wonderful idea. Good for Mike!
Scott E
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Scott E »

Roger,

Thank you for letting us know about this fine decision to pass the member status and benefits down to Jason’s son.