Donating Catalogs

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Donating Catalogs

Post by wrong99 »

What's the procedure now for donating catalogs to the ORCA Library? I probably have 50 or more catalogs for reels that the Library doesn't have.
Mark
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Re: Donating Catalogs

Post by kyreels »

David Lehmann is managing the Library for Orca. Contact him via email or PM using the links here memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=23076
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Haven't heard a thing. Maybe catalogs for the Library aren't the priority they once were? I'm willing to scan hundreds of pages if someone can tell me it won't be for nothing.
Mark
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

Mark, Catalogs for the Library are still a major goal of ORCA. The only issue is that we are in a bit of a bandwidth issue in getting ready for the Virtual National Show and David is moving into a new location. I for one really appreciate the donation and the offer to assist. Please bear with us and be patient and know that your efforts are really appreciated.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Post by reeltackle »

As requested, I scanned the Atlapac brochure that was too big for my scanner in section and sent it off to Steve Vernon to piece together. It is ready for the library, should I send it now or hold off? Please let me know.
Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

wrong99 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:40 am Haven't heard a thing. Maybe catalogs for the Library aren't the priority they once were? I'm willing to scan hundreds of pages if someone can tell me it won't be for nothing.
Mark

Mark, I know we all very much appreciate donations to the ORCA library so please stick with it. In fact, the library and its catalogs are my go-to for many research questions.

I have two circa 1890-1895 Orvis catalogs and a 1905 Abbey & Imbrie catalog I plan to donate as soon as I get up the nerve to scan those delicate pages.

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
RonG
Super Board Poster

Post by RonG »

Good morning everyone. I talked with David Lehmann about the catalogs. He has just moved from TX to NY for a new job. His stuff (catalogs, scanner, etc.) is still in TX in storage until he sells his house and gets a new one. He still plans to continue doing the library, but at this time is unable to. If you have an urgent need to get one posted, send it to me or Matt and we will upload it. Otherwise, please hang tight for awhile.
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

David reached out to me and I understand the situation. I am hanging tight and the catalogs are not going anywhere. We'll get it done when the time is right for all. Thanks, guys.
Mark