Another pfact or myth-Pflueger

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Another pfact or myth-Pflueger

Post by RAM »

Enterprise, in the 1920s, advertised briefly a reel called a Major. I never saw one or heard of one in a collection. My thought at the time I was writing a Pfacts column was the name was dropped (preempted by another company?) and another name used for the reel. Three questions: Does anyone have or does anyone know of the existence of a Pflueger Major? Surely there was a prototype. Since I forgot what reel I assumed the name was probably intended for, does anyone know what that reel was? Does anyone know of another company with a reel from the 1920s that was called a Major? Just curious (and letting some older members know I still exist).

Bad Bob
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Re: Another pfact or myth-Pflueger

Post by wrong99 »

I don't recall ever seeing a reel marked "Major". In the "Pflueger Heritage" book the "Major" is listed as a ocean bait caster, No.3858 and 3859-1/2, at 280 to 400 yards. Offered at least in 1928.
Mark
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Post by Robin Sayler »

Never seen one
I would like any unusual pflueger casting reels!
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

Thanks Mark, Robin. I’m convinced the name was dropped. Too lazy to look up what
I thought was the new name. Ah, the Major is like the unicorn. You’d never gonna see one!

Bad Bob