General presentation about reel collecting?

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

General presentation about reel collecting?

Post by Paul M »

I plan to give an online presentation to a local fisherman’s club about antique reels and collecting them. Would anyone happen to have an existing general presentation about reel collecting that I can crib and adapt for my situation? The audience is older fishermen.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Re: General presentation about reel collecting?

Post by kyreels »

It would be great for ORCA to collaborate on such a presentation. We certainly have the start of it on Reel Research, but not in presentable format. As an educational organization, it would be something we should have.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Steve kindly pointed me to the outline about reel collecting on his website and I adapted that structure to prepare a PowerPoint for my situation. This is the specific page I followed http://www.antiquefishingreels.info/collecti.htm
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

Somewhere and I don't know where, I had purchased a CD that one of the members was selling at the Frankfort Convention. Member is now deceased, I think it covered the history of ORCA. I think he had to cease selling them because it contained some copy righted music. Don't know if that would be helpful or not? I'm sure someone remembers!
Cast your cares upon the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

Dale Noll made it. History of ORCA. Found my copy. Don't know if it would be a help or not Paul. Maybe you already have that?
Cast your cares upon the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Thanks, Jon. Yes, I bought a copy of that CD from Dale at the Frankfort show you mentioned. It isn't what I want to present. I used Steve's outline on reel collecting and added a few images of reels to create a Powerpoint that suits my needs.

Best wishes for Thanksgiving!

Paul
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

The old reels presentation I built upon Steve’s foundation was presented recently via Zoom to the Izaak Walton Fly Fishing club in Mississauga, Ontario. They just posted an edited copy of the video on their Facebook page. They added a few images to the video I didn’t expect. If anyone wants an editable copy of the PowerPoint to adapt for their own use, let me know.

https://fb.watch/4zclEfJtWW/
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006