Convention Registration ..Heads up!

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Convention Registration ..Heads up!

Post by john elder »

Just made my reservation at the Kona Kai Resort for the ORCA convention September 6-8 (checkout AM on the 9th)! Please note the number in the Reel News no longer works. You can get the hotel by dialing 619-452-3138 or go to the website at www.resortkonakai.com. Make sure to tell them you are with the Old Reel Collectors Association. Its shaping up to be a great show... details in upcoming Reel News editions!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
KIWI
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Convention Registration ..Heads up!

Post by KIWI »

Thanks John, Made my reservation the other day. Looking very forward to seeing all my west coast friends for sure ! Doug
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

john elder wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:40 pm Just made my reservation at the Kona Kai Resort for the ORCA convention September 6-8 (checkout AM on the 9th)! Please note the number in the Reel News no longer works. You can get the hotel by dialing 619-452-3138 or go to the website at www.resortkonakai.com. Make sure to tell them you are with the Old Reel Collectors Association. Its shaping up to be a great show... details in upcoming Reel News editions!
John- if we make the reservations on line, the hotel requests a "promo code" or a "group code."

Does ORCA have one?

Thanks.

Mike
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Dunno... best way is to do a call-in, since they cal look up orca. I will look through correspondence... maybe Ron or Roger have seen one?
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Roger Schulz
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Roger Schulz »

I have not seen a promo code
RonG
Super Board Poster

Post by RonG »

Usually, the reservation code is in the Contract where you are informed of the hotel room rate.
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

I made my reservation today. The group rate is available by just telling them the group name of Old Reel Collectors Association. I note the rate is $159 per night and the cancellation policy is 7 days in advance of arrival.

Looking forward to meeting some new west coast and pacific friends.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Note for you East Coast folks especially, we have 19 rooms also booked for thursday night, the 9th (as in obligation!), so those that can, fill up those rooms and enjoy San Diego for another night!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

fishhead
Advanced Board Poster

Post by fishhead »

Looking forward to a great convention in sunny San Diego. I am all signed up and ready to go. I will see you all there.

Cheers Paul Berinson
Paul Roberts
Super Board Poster

Post by Paul Roberts »

Sure would like to attend, and actually you folks. But, with our resettling we'll be headed in the other direction -East.
ORCA 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

Rooms at the Kona Kai are now available again at the convention rate of $159 until August 27 only. See the notice here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24021
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle