Pflueger Vintage Fishing Reels Reference Book

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
clacker39
Frequent Board Poster

Pflueger Vintage Fishing Reels Reference Book

Post by clacker39 »

Hi Members
I would very much appreciate if someone could let me know of the best Reference Books available to identify
vintage Pflueger Reels?

Regards Clacker39
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Pflueger Vintage Fishing Reels Reference Book

Post by john elder »

Bob, this book is far from complete but is a decent general Pflueger reference. For the best source of Pfl reel info, you won’t find better than the archive of Reel News articles published over the past 18 years. Bob Miller has written several excellent books, primarily on freshwater reels, but i’m guessing you re more interested in the saltwater reels

ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
clacker39
Frequent Board Poster

Post by clacker39 »

HI John
Thank you for the info.
Yes,I am into the Pflueger saltwater reels and have a few and want to be able to check manufacture times etc and verify
what I have.
I will look to try and purchase that book.

Thanks again
Bob
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Teal »

There are three books from ORCA member Robert A. Miller that cover ALL models of Pflueger baitcasters:

1. The History of the Pflueger Supreme
2. The History of the Akron & Summit Reels
3. The History of Pflueger Baitcasters

All three of these great books are available from the ORCA store (which can be found on eBay too).

You won't go wrong.

-- Dr. Todd
clacker39
Frequent Board Poster

Post by clacker39 »

Thank you Dr Todd.
I will look into obtaining these

Kind Regards Clacker39
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

Post by m3040c »

The Pflueger Heritage book is an excellent reference book. It has become very collectible and is only available in hard cover. It pops up on eBay from time to time and I believe is available on Amazon but it is a bit pricey.

https://www.amazon.com/Pflueger-Heritag ... 046&sr=8-1

I do have the book, if you tell me what saltwater reels you are interested in researching, I will check the book for you and respond with a scan of the info from the book.
mike cass,,, if you can't collect it, it must be food
clacker39
Frequent Board Poster

Post by clacker39 »

Hi Mike
Thank you very much.
I was lucky to be able to acquire most or all of Ray's Pflueger collection and have added quite a few more.
I will try and buy the book on Ebay or Amazon as I would like to have one available.
Thanks again for your very generous offer.

Regards Bob
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

Post by m3040c »

Hi Mike
Thank you very much.
I was lucky to be able to acquire most or all of Ray's Pflueger collection and have added quite a few more.
I will try and buy the book on Ebay or Amazon as I would like to have one available.
Thanks again for your very generous offer.
I have owned that Pflueger Heritage book for years and find it an excellent reference. It does not have everything. I suspect it would have to have 2000 pages to cover a full Pflueger history and even then might miss things. Anyways, it is very worth the investment of owning it. I am sure when you get it you will be very happy with it. Here are a couple of pages to give you a feel of how he presents particular reels.

mike cass,,, if you can't collect it, it must be food