Pflueger Supreme Bassman

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Ozarksheepdog
Big ORCA Fan

Pflueger Supreme Bassman

Post by Ozarksheepdog »

Good afternoon. First visit and first post. I was referred to this forum after talking to a gentleman yesterday about a reel I recently acquired at an estate sale. I could not find out much about it at the time of purchase but the model on the reel seat seemed strange so I went ahead and bought it. After getting it home and researching at my leisure I found that I may have done well. If anyone has any good info on this reel it would be much appreciated. I’ve read it may be only one of 90 given to Executives at Pflueger but I just find that hard to believe. Thanks for any info.

Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Pflueger Supreme Bassman

Post by Teal »

Welcome to the board. You did very well. Those Bassman reels were stopped from going into production by a lawsuit from Clyde "the Bassman" Harbin, a well known collector who a lot of people on this board (including myself) knew well. There's an entire chapter on this reel in Bob MIller's History of the Pflueger Supreme, available in the ORCA Store. I suggest you get a copy if you want the info necessary to ascertain its value, as they do not come for sale often at all.

-- Dr. Todd
Ozarksheepdog
Big ORCA Fan

Re: Pflueger Supreme Bassman

Post by Ozarksheepdog »

I wrote a thank you to your reply Dr Todd but in my newness to the forum I didn’t post it apparently. So thank you for your reply and I will certainly check out the book.