DAM Quick 700 B Question

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Birdsnester
Big ORCA Fan

DAM Quick 700 B Question

Post by Birdsnester »

Hi, first post here. Been looking around for a while now and just decided to post.

Firstly, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope you all have a great day with family and friends.

Ok, so to the question. I am a novice collector, got some pretty cool stuff for a beginner. I just picked up a DAM Quick 700 B that I think is in stellar condition. This issue is that I cannot find any pics of this reel with the handle that you see in the pics.

So, I was wondering from the DAM Quick experts on this board, if I got a 1 in a Million reel (I don't think so) or did I get a Quick with an Abu handle?

Also, any ideas on the production year for this one?

I have found little information on this particular style with the plastic button, so some guidance would be much appreciated.

old1946
Big ORCA Fan

Re: DAM Quick 700 B Question

Post by old1946 »

Hello
Your reel has the correct DAM handle,I have a DAM 700B and a DAM 800 both new in the box
the 700B is silver with a silver handle with red paddles or option handle being counterbalanced
with one red paddle also silver,
My DAM 800 is black with a black counterbalanced handle with red paddle and a option black handle with 2 red paddles.
Birdsnester
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Birdsnester »

Well that’s good to know. Thanks for the input. Any idea what year this is from and what it might be worth?
old1946
Big ORCA Fan

Post by old1946 »

Hello
Your reel was made between late 70s/early 80s.
Value $40/$50, lot more with box and papers.
DO NOT GO BY NOTED AUCTION SITE PRICES which are all outrageous never happen prices.
the real world prices are about right ie flea market,garage sales,pawn shops.sporting goods shows and private
collectors.The best I can tell you about value is how bad someone wants it and what they are willing to pay for it.
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

The best I can tell you about actual value is to look at the "Completed Listings" on eBay in their Advanced Search feature. This will show you what like items have sold for in the last three months.
Birdsnester
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Birdsnester »

I appreciate the advice and info. I paid $30 for it so I am not too upset. I did not realize there was a completed listing tool on eBay. That is very good info
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Birdsnester wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:37 pm I appreciate the advice and info. I paid $30 for it so I am not too upset. I did not realize there was a completed listing tool on eBay. That is very good info
You did just fine. They have a good reputation and user following. Collector wise they're not high dollar but a lot of guys like using them.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027