Unmarked Pflueger Summit & Conroy Reel

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
michael anderson
Frequent Board Poster

Unmarked Pflueger Summit & Conroy Reel

Post by michael anderson »

I have a chance tomorrow (saturday) to purchase a Summit that has no markings on the levelwind housing. Is this a first model summit, or has somebody replaced the level wind housing with one from another reel?
I also have a chance to purchase a small Thos. Conroy raised pillar reel that's a little rough. There doesn't appear to be any missing parts, but it's grimy and the knob has a chunk missing ... Any idea as to value?

Thanks guys!
reels4me

Conroy

Post by reels4me »

Hi Mike--"S" handle, $ goes up. GS, $ goes up. HR and GS, $ goes up.
Many criteria.--Send pics. ? Jack Bright
mortepa
Advanced Board Poster

Post by mortepa »

Hey Michael,
I have never seen one with an unmarked levelwind housing. I suppose anything is possible. If you get a chance, please get a picture for me if you could. I would love to take a look at it. Thanks...

- Paul
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

Post by SWIM JIG »

:) :!: :idea: :type: when that occurs , its generaly a repair or parts interchange , these things do interchange sooooo be carful ! the dearler kits contained parts for the reels , generaly on of the small kits for each modle ie Supreame, akron , trump and so on. the leavel wind housing will fit most of the reels, also as the company was attempting to be competitive they went to metal coated plastic and only a screw driver slot head on the tail side of the housing, Yup! dont try to unscrew this plastic one ( No THREADS) and you will break the housing! When you are cleaning or repairing these housings they can be reassembled off the reel then put onto the reel, the short screws go onto the plate on the handle side and the plate has a notch on the gear side, put the worm and carraige and housing together and instal it on the reel. for what its worth we build up several of the assemblys ready to instal in advance! Hope this helps. yes some of the replacments carried no # or other markings thus less parts to stock. col. m. lorens aka SWIM JIG
michael anderson
Frequent Board Poster

Post by michael anderson »

Thanks guys. Didn't get either reel, the prices were very strong at this auction. I'm already kicking myself for not going higher on the conroy.