Is it just me or does this look familiar???

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Bill Muth
Super Board Poster

Is it just me or does this look familiar???

Post by Bill Muth »

Something fishy going on here. :!:
Bill Muth
Super Board Poster

"Meeks No. 11 Reel"

Post by Bill Muth »

Oops, forgot the ebay number: 3651740195
Stephen Barnes
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Stephen Barnes »

i have had people email me with an offer to buy an expensive reel that is on ebay i am bidding on for much less.i shut them up when i offer to come and pay and pick up in person.one even said he was in italy and i offered to go there.never heard back.
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

Post by Jim Schottenham »

Bill, that because it was listed with the same pic's, and almost word for word description in auction #3644203799. I bookmark those for the auction report. The pic's are the same, and the text has been cropped, but it's easy to see this is an effort to rip someone off.
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

Post by SWIM JIG »

:shock: :roll: :?: :idea: :arrow: If you look at the listing the alledged seller admits to a (revision) on the listing, about spelling ie MEEK NOT MEEKS, yup someone is feeding this person a reel to pawn off or? as you state , to take someone to rip off heaven? two things that I always read on a seller is their feed back and the person that sells these people, the sellers feed back, Why would a person dealing in shoes and coloring books be having a rather hard to find reel? From a few dollars to a several thousand dollar item? HMMMMMM! and look at all those educated bidders that are club members! is the air that poluted? or have they lost it? and as usual seller wants cashiers checks or moneyorders! wonder why? ( this is the reason my rule on buying is Personal check to any seller or to H--- with them, Folks there is a lot of things fruther down the PIKE! its not the only one in the world, sooo if a reckless bidder gets stung? then its the greed that does them in! ( anyone iterested in a TITANIC REEL carried on the Titanic by the captain In case they ran low on FOOD? Perfect condition never used like brand new ! Price? one used shark tooth! nuf on this foolisnes, let the BUYER beware ! EBAY loves large bids makes them money! i always enjoy a good laugh when frezzing in northern Ohio < Col. m. Lorens AKA SWIM JIG
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

yeh, curiouser and curiouser....

Post by Richard Lodge »

I had that one bookmarked, too, just because I was curious the first time around to see how much it sold for. Then, to see the same reel again, with slightly tweaked description, what the heck is up with that? It certainly does look fishy. Hey Milt, it doesn't take much to keep you frozen Buckeye Staters entertained, eh? I keep watching the weather report and you're sending all that cold weather east! Keep it away from Massachusetts, would you?
Tight lines,
RKL
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

Post by SWIM JIG »

:lol: 8) :idea: :type: Richard, You got TEDDY KENNDY to keep you folks warmed up, anyway this cold is just temporary, its lake erie effect! happens a few times a year, Heck, where I am at looking and working on these reels, I dont notice it and I use these embelished auctions for entertainment! darn it would be nice if all those (well marked prototypes and fantasy reels) had fakes stamped on them! bet they would bring in more bidders, kind of like Roman coins marked B.C. and sold a real original coins of that era! Ok enough of this foolisness, you stay warm , I will work on reels, and watch these funny ebay sales , its more fun than Canned tv programs and no SOUND! ha ha Col. milton Lorens aka SWIM JIG