nice reels for sale!

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

nice reels for sale!

Post by SWIM JIG »

:) :!: :idea: :type: there are some nice reels , Check 3651327103 hortan meek #14 with the orginal box and check rest of sellers auctions! COL. milton Lorens aka SWIM JIG
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Nice Reels

Post by Reel Geezer »

Milt - that Meek #14 in the box would be something. A casual browsing of eBay this morning also noted a Meisselbach Tripart in a counterfeit box (the seller calls it a facsimile) and a reproduction Billinghurst. What is this world coming to? :roll:
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

Post by SWIM JIG »

:o :?: :idea: :type: Phil , the only Billinghurst I ever own is a percusion rifle, never saw a reel or paid a lot of attention, however at least this person says its a reproduction, and the phone # prefix is actualy wasington D.C. could it be a typical Political senetor or congress person? ha ha . I couldnt find the tri part, I would like to see it ( or actualy the box , as what to look for on Pics as for a copy, Its hard to do? by pics? I can tell them if I have one in my hand! As for the Chap that is selling the Horto Meek #4 is that the real item? I enhanced the box with this vidio card and it looks ok , and the pencil writing looks like some that are on some boxes I have. And are the rest of the sellers reels listed on the horten Meek are they stright? advise before I make a mistake as to bidding on one of his reels. Thanking you in advance for your advise. Col. milton Lorens aka SWIM JIG
joe klaus
Super Board Poster

the horton meek no. 4

Post by joe klaus »

Milt--

I think I better jump in and let you know that the horton meek box and the horton meek no. 4 , and all of the other items posted for sale by that seller, are 1000% correct.

You never know. The Seller of those reels might be a prominent ORCA member. Even possible that he frequents this board and posts on a regular basis.

And since I'm not a a prominent ORCA member, you know they don't belong to me. But I wish.
Bill Muth
Super Board Poster

Post by Bill Muth »

Joe,

I think you're prominent. Did you clean up all that stuff from Kalamazoo yet?

Bill
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Meek #14

Post by Reel Geezer »

Milt: I never said nor implied that there was anything wrong with the Horton-Meek. I was just kidding you because you had a typo that said it was a Meek #14. That would be something. Sorry, Joe, etc. I didn't mean to question the integrety of the Meek's seller, or anything else about that reel.
The Meisselbach reel can be found at the following link. The seller of this reel also states that the box is a replica, but it is not marked as such. The next seller might not be truthful.
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

Post by SWIM JIG »

:oops: :( :idea: :bricks: Ok so I made a serious mistake ( 14 for a four) Joe I would place you in line with the rest of the knowledgeble colectors, You sure knew what my Gold Color Garcia bait caster was! I was working all day with my fingers in reel cleaning fluid ( fuems must have also got to me! I desrved the wet fly line lashing, and my spelling will never win a BEE, when I make a mistake do correct me as this is how I learn! you people Must point out the mistakes that way they wont be made again. I generaly dont see such nice items on Ebays FLEA Market, and when I do, I try to post it on this board for others that colect quality items will have a shot at them! As for the seller. well i am sorry, if I may have been out of line! As for my colection, I am attempting to star another Phase, ( 1895 to 1928) era, so will be looking at items to add to my holdings, Phil, glad you caught that mistake, that is what we need to do and others too will learn! Col. milton lorens aka SWIM JIG