Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:53 am 
Reel Talk Member
Advanced Board Poster
June 6, 1944 D-Day. Don't ever forget. Thank you all veterans. I know there's some here that remember. CS

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:46 am 
Super Board Poster
I echo Colby's thanks to all the veterans! It would be a different world for us without your efforts and sacrifices.

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:34 pm 
Advanced Board Poster
Yes, thank you, you paved the way for me to have a less turbulent 20 years of semi-peace whilst I served. And a shout out to my Uncle Don (93 and living in Santa Barbara) for watching from the ships so they could move their artillery ashore. When they asked Patton where to put the guns, he said up their a$$ he needed more tanks :P

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:22 pm 
Reel Talk Member
Advanced Board Poster
There's very few of them left today. Thank you D-Day veterans and all veterans. Without you we all wouldn't be here in the free-est country in the world.

6-6-44 Never forget.

Colby

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:46 am 
Reel Talk Member
Advanced Board Poster
Their number is now only a fraction of the 16 million that served during World War II. They hit the beach at Omaha and Utah knowing most would not make it through the day. They truly made the greatest sacrifice and gave us all a better world.

Once again I pay tribute to the gallant men that fought in D-Day. For some it was the Longest Day and for many it was the last day.

Many just wanted to fish, just like you and me. But they willingly made the ultimate sacrifice and today, we get to fish and collect old reels that they could only dream about.

To all of the remaining World War II Veterans, and all veterans, I give you a heart felt THANK YOU. I hope there is fish where you are now.

Colby Sorrells June 6, 2019, 75 years after D-Day 6644

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:32 am 
Reel Talk Member
Ultra Board Poster
I wish our government felt the same way as we do concerning the handful of those brave and selfless D-Day veterans still alive. It's pitiful that these men had to rely on private donations in order to be present in France for the 75th anniversary. Should have been flown there on Air Force One. Pitiful!
Mark

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:11 pm 
Ultra Board Poster
I totally agree, Mark! Imagine the blow back, though, if something like that happened. :(

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:20 pm 
Frequent Board Poster
We live in freedom, peace and prosperity thanks to the sacrifices made by the Greatest Generation.

The debt we owe them can never be repaid.